SCS provides network and server infrastructure, and data center services to host implementations of Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and related software for the Shared Instance, the UNR Instance and the UNLV Instance.
The Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Infrastructure Service includes the following:
- Server and storage infrastructure to host software modules including, but not limited to, Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, PeopleTools, Campus Solutions Portal, Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Ascential Data Stage, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Data Base, Oracle Data Guard for disaster recovery database replication, Oracle Enterprise Manager (Grid Control), User Productivity Kit, and NSHE ID.
- Network infrastructure to support balanced user connectivity to and from the web and the server infrastructure, and redundant connectivity between servers and storage devices, as well as the SCS Data Centers.
- Data Center services including cooling and environmental controls, fire detection and suppression systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), backup generator, and physical site security.
- A shared load testing environment for use with each instance’s test environment.
- Periodic backup to tape of non-database files and local off-site vaulting of backup tapes.
- Periodic copy to tape of RMAN Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) backup images produced by UNLV and local off-site vaulting of the tapes.
- Infrastructure for disaster recovery of Campus Solutions and EPM in the alternate SCS Data Center.
The Service does not include:
- Application and database implementation, programming, updates, and troubleshooting.
- Non-iNtegrate related diagnosis of server, storage, and network incidents.
- Backup and recovery of Oracle databases through use of RMAN.
- Recovery of applications processing, databases, and data due to disaster.
- Access to restricted Data Center areas or physical infrastructure by institution personnel.
Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Infrastructure Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, excluding scheduled and unplanned outages. SCS schedules downtime during established windows as necessary to implement service improvements and periodic maintenance. SCS notifies users of planned outages at least two weeks in advance, unless mutually agreed upon by SCS and the instance.