Chief Information Officers
CIO Committee Charter
- Identify and articulate a broad and long-range view of IT priorities for the NSHE;
- Define a framework within which individual institutions retain as much flexibility as possible for their own planning while meeting system standards and supporting the needs of the system to respond in a timely manner to mandates and requirements from the Board of Regents, the Nevada State Legislature, and other external authorities;
- Provide advisory input on IT policy issues within NSHE;
- Identify and advise upon those matters of IT development within the NSHE that involve collaboration, cooperation, or joint ventures between individual campus units;
- Assist the NSHE System Administration in overseeing and evaluating the uses of state funds appropriated for IT applications;
- Communicate progress, problems, and possibilities on IT issues to appropriate constituencies within the NSHE; and
- Advise the system on priority studies for which external assistance or consultants would be needed, and to assist in the identification and recruitment of such expertise.
The Committee may invite chairs of other standing advisory committees – such as the Administrative Technology Steering Committee or the Distance Education Committee – to participate in meetings as needed.
The Committee should meet quarterly (or more as needed) and share minutes and an annual report with the Chancellor, Council of Presidents, and Council of Faculty Senate chairs.
The NSHE Chief Information Officers Advisory Committee is a System-wide advisory group formed to assist in setting the vision and overseeing the progress of the System and its member institutions in matters of information technology.
|CSN||Mugunth Vaithylingam||Breigh Feniello|
|NSHE||Anne Milkovich, CHAIR||Kim Fairchild|
|UNLV||Lori Temple||Tiara Suehiro|
|UNR||Steve Smith||Winnefred “Freddie” Rusanoff|