Host On Demand
» WINDOWS - JAVA version 6 update 5
Use this link if you receive an "Invalid JAVA environment." message. Save the download to your desktop. Then double-click the downloaded file to install the new version of Java.
» MAC OS-X – JAVA link [www.java.com]
What version of Java do you have?
- Click in the bottom left of your screen to open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
(If you don't see the Java icon, click "Switch to Classic View" in the upper left of the Control Panel window to change view.)
- In the Java Control Panel window, select the General tab.
- In the "About" section of the General tab, click the About button to view your Java version information.
Need More Troubleshooting?
There is another issue that can affect Host on Demand and Java when the client is using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has an option to disable Java in favor of the Microsoft VM applet.
This setting can be checked by:
- Select Tools > Internet Options on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Advanced TAB.
- Locate the entry for Java and ensure that the Java option is check marked (enabled). This requires a restart.
NOTE: If an entry for Java is not present then it is probably not installed on the workstation.