SCS offers an NSHE-wide videoconferencing system. The system of networked sites is commonly used for academic and administrative meetings as well as applications in research, medicine, criminal justice, and other public functions.
Our range of videoconferencing services include:
- Statewide delivery of video transmissions to and from 300+ NSHE and approved non-NSHE sites
- Worldwide delivery of video transmissions to and from authorized dial-in sites
- Automated conference connection/disconnection and service quality monitoring
- A robust scheduling system, including web-based scheduling software
- Scheduling system training and an active, SCS-facilitated scheduling system user group
- New site evaluation, equipment specification, and installation consultation
- ISDN and IP communication options
Videoconferences can be scheduled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As a rule, video conferences are conducted between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., but exceptions are possible. Video support technicians are available Monday through Friday 6:30am to 7:30pm. Training, consultations, and other services are scheduled as needed. For a more in-depth description of the SCS video service offering, please refer to the SCS Video Scheduling and Use Policy.
NSHE institutions initiating educational conferences receive priority scheduling. SCS schedules occasional system downtime to implement service improvements. Planned maintenance generally occurs on weekends or during non-business hours when no conferences are scheduled. SCS generally notifies users of planned outages at least two weeks in advance through direct e-mail communication and the standard weekly communication from the SCS Service Desk.